CommSite is a 100% Australian owned company offering 24/7 Victoria wide telecommunications services to the construction, industrial and commercial industries. In addition to this, we provide specialist services and project delivery to all states of Australia. We provide electrical and civil services to complement our technical capability and offer full turnkey solutions to reduce cost and time on critical projects. CommSite has an established and quality focused team providing fibre optic and civil services to the telecommunications industry.
Our Field Teams:
CommSite currently has a large technical team strategically located across Victoria with a vehicle fleet of more than thirty vehicles most of which are 4WD and fully equipped with all the correct ancillary access and safety equipment. Our capability is not limited to fibre optics, with a strong workforce of registered cablers and technicians we also provide wireless, CCTV, data cabling, IT, HF, VHF/UHF radio services, site maintenance, RF surveys, construction and rigging solutions.
Our Optical Fibre experience includes:
- Fault finding, commissioning and integration of wideband equipment and NBN Network
- Splicing of optical fibre within a live network
- Patching of Optical Fibre cables within a telephone exchange
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Optical Splicing, including but not limited to stranded and ribbon optical fibre
- Fibre Optic Certified – with appropriate test gear for OM1, OM3, OS1 & OS2 fibre
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Telstra Customer Access Network(CAN)
- Telstra, Optus, Vodafone network access for all technicians
- Accessing all joint types and OFTUs on a live network
- The ability to interpret design plans, identify and supply materials required to complete the design
- Underground and aerial cabling – optic fibre, copper, building lead-ins and UTP in premise
- CAT5e/CAT6/CAT6A/CAT7/CAT7A Cable Certification – with appropriate test gear
We have on hand the latest termination and test equipment from manufacturers such as EXFO, JDSU, Sumitomo for these projects along with gas testers, barricades, PPE, push rods and pit access equipment for our civil works.
Our Civils capability:
- Directional Boring and Drilling
- Pit and Pipe – installation, repair, inspection
- Cable Hauling, conduit and Line installation
- Excavation, trenching and Non-Destructive digging
- Re-instatement including Concreting
- Asbestos Removal to Telstra Standards
- Confined Space works
- Traffic Management
At CommSite, we are strongly committed to Occupational Health and Safety and have a continuous process of monitoring and evaluating standards onsite, and maintaining competency levels. CommSite has a SHEQ Manager with training certifications to ensure all customers safety requirements are met. All personnel maintain the necessary safety training and carrier/site inductions required for their daily activities.
For any Optical Fibre related project assistance, please email: email@example.com
Download our Optical Fibre brochure HERE.